Creating teaching materials with controlled levels of vocabulary and grammar - for classes at the right level -
The Society for Teaching Japanese as a Foreign Language FY2015 Japanese Language Teacher Training
Slides and related materials
Example of function
- In order to write sentences at a fixed vocabulary / kanji level, you can quickly understand which word should be rewritten (red letter indication).
- If you change the difficult sentences on the window with easy-to-read sentences, set the level again and press the "Determine" button, you can immediately check how much more easy the sentence has become.
- You can freely set the vocabulary / kanji level for rewriting.
- It displays the percentage of text coverage up to the set level.
- Vocabulary / kanji frequency profile (indicating % composition of level of vocabulary / kanji (total number of words / total number of characters)) is displayed.
For the following people
- Japanese teachers who want to use raw vivid material in lessons but rewriting a little easier.
- Editor who wants to arrange the vocabulary / kanji level of the raw teaching material in order of increasing difficulty.
- Those working in governmental offices who would like to conduct administrative services using "friendly Japanese"
- Developers of Japanese graded readers
- Those who would like to judge the vocabulary / kanji level of their own / students' written material.
- Researchers of reading comprehension who wish to control the level of vocabulary / kanji for use in experiments.